Frugal Christmas Freebies: Free Christmas Music Downloads, Free Online Radio Listening to Christmas Tunes « Frugal Café Blog Zone

Posted By on December 9, 2009

Listening to or downloading Christmas music is probably the best this year that it’s ever been.

There are more opportunities now for listening to Christmas tunes while working at your computer, at the most frugal Yuletide price in town… free.

Here are but a few websites to check out for either free online holiday listening (streaming audio) to Christmas music or free legal downloads of Christmas MP3s:

If you want to listen to online Christmas music all the time, day or night, even during the hottest days of summer, this is the perfect site for you to check out:
Christmas Music 24/7:

From the website’s creator:

Christmas Music 24/7 is a network of Internet radio stations, run by one guy, Michael Clark, from his home. Yes, I listen to Christmas Music the entire year. And so do many other people. I’ve received notes from missionaries, tourists, and people homebound who have been appreciative of being able to get some Christmas cheer any time of the year. Since I started webcasting in 2004, I have had over 4.8 million listeners.

Related “cheap, but chic” Christmas posts/ideas/crafts:

• 12 Drummers Drumming: Gift Box Drums… Appeared in Martha Stewart Living, December 1999 / January 2000
    • Decorating: Displaying Christmas Cards… Appeared in Martha Stewart Living, December 1998 / January 1999
    • Easy, Elegant, & Cheap: Yum – Holiday Centerpiece of the Month… Appeared in Every Day with Rachael Ray, December 2006 / January 2007
    • Holiday Organizer and Inspiration Book… Appeared in Martha Stewart Living, December 1998 / January 1999
    • Christmas Baking-Pan Wall Sconces… Appeared in Martha Stewart Living, December 1999 / January 2000
    • Frugal, but Elegant Winter Still Life: Arrangement of the Month – Pine Arrangement… Appeared in Martha Stewart Living, December 1999 / January 2000

Additional free Christmas music enjoyment: Christmas Rewind: Osmond Family Christmas Shows (video)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About the author

I'm a conservative frugalist. My priorities: Watchdogging the government, making sure our tax dollars are spent wisely, living within our budgets (at home and in Washington, DC), and adhering to our Constitution and the conservative principles upon which it was developed by our founding fathers. Also, loving God, my family, and my country. Be wise, be frugal. God bless America!

Comments

9 Responses to “Frugal Christmas Freebies: Free Christmas Music Downloads, Free Online Radio Listening to Christmas Tunes”

1. AFVET says:

Christmas 24/7in July ?

I need CCR/Fleetwood Mac sometimes.

Some cool jazz, slow rock, even classical.

No; CCR/James Taylor, John Denver, Joni Mitchell, Crosby Stills Nash and Young.
    AHHH the good old days.

Never 24/7 Christmas ever.

• admin says:

“CCR/James Taylor, John Denver, Joni Mitchell, Crosby Stills Nash and Young.
      AHHH the good old days.”

Thumbs up on all, but need to also throw in The Who, The Beatles, Lou Reed, Carole King, and The Doors.

2. AFVET says:

The Guess Who, Kinks, Four Tops, 3 Dog Night, Blue Oyster Cult, Association, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, Black Sabbath, Grand Funk, Deep Purple, Diana Ross and the Supremes,
    Mountain, Eagles, America, Carpenters, Neil Diamond, Simon and Garfunkel, The Seekers,
    Glen Campbell, Fortunes, Elton John, Kenny Rodgers, Uriah Heap,ELO, Aerosmith, Beach Boys, Iron Butterfly, and whomever I have forgotten.

Please add more.

Ah the music and how we felt while listening to it.
    I have often thought about those times, don’t know if I’d rather have the experience I have now, or the youth I had then.

A mix of both would be invigorating.

• admin says:

Great list here, AFVET.

OK, I’m going to make you groan… but the world stops for me for a few seconds whenever I hear The Partridge Family sing “I Think I Love You.” And any advertisement agency that can work that song into a TV ad will have millions of women like me stop… listen… smile. And likely buy. Advertising gold for my gender/age group.

Did David Cassidy have the greatest smile/hair/eyes or what? (Female readers over 45… you KNOW what I mean. And David Cook from the seventh season of American Idol was the closest we’ve had in years for someone snagging the teen appeal of David Cassidy).

• AFVET says:

Sorry, never a fan of David.
        Susan Dey was nice, along with momma.
        Shirley was the mom of choice.

Jeanie, of I Dream Of, was the ultimate. Barbara Eden was and still is a beautiful woman inside and outside.

Remember the Cowsills ?

• admin says:

I do remember the Cowsills. They had specials every so often. I liked their version of “Hair.”

Do you remember The King Family?

• AFVET says:

Spanky and Our Gang.
        Sunday Will Never be the Same, my favorite.

Oh Youth, were have you gone.

• AFVET says:

I do remember the King Family.
        Also the Brothers Four.

I saw the Cowsills live in San Antonio at a car show, in 1970.
        They put on a great show, however, a car show wasn’t the forum they were up to.
        Musically great, enthusiasm not so good. They acted like, OK, just another stop on the road.

The best concert my wife and I ever saw was John Denver performing in front of 10,000 people in St. John’s Arena in Columbus, Ohio. packed!
        He was an excellent entertainer.
        Three musicians on stage. Rhythm, Bass/ Guitar, and John.
        Fantastic !!!

3. body armor says:

Great post. Christmas is so close and I haven’t done my shopping yet. I still need to buy my brother the lord of the rings book series. You can find some great deals at Amazon.