Posted By Vicki McClure Davidson on March 4, 2013
A shocking proclamation was made recently by an Islamic executive director from the Council on American–Islamic Relations (CAIR) at an Islamic rally in Austin, Texas.
Reported by John Griffing at WND, ‘We are above the law of the land’:
A leader for the Texas branch of the Council on American Islamic Relations has told a crowd at a rally for Islam that members of the faith really shouldn’t be bound by American law.
“If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land,” said Mustafa Carroll, the executive director of the Dallas-Fort Worth CAIR branch, a keynote speaker as the recent rally.
CAIR itself has been under investigation for its documented ties to terrorist organizations in the past. Some details revealed by Daniel Pipes are that:
- CAIR funded the Holy Land Foundation, which was used to funnel money to Hamas. President Bush shut down Holy Land Foundation, which CAIR called “unjust” and “disturbing.”
- CAIR denied Osama Bin Laden was behind 9/11, even though Bin Laden said so on camera.
- CAIR demanded removal of a billboard in Los Angeles in 1998 that described Osama bin Laden as “the sworn enemy,” saying that this description was “offensive to Muslims.” [Osama had by this point released his Declaration of War on the United States.]
- CAIR called the conviction of the 1993 WTC bombers “a travesty of justice.”
- CAIR called the conviction of Omar Abdel Rahman, the blind sheikh who planned to blow up New York City landmarks, a “hate crime.”
- CAIR labeled the extradition order for suspected Hamas terrorist Mousa Abu Marook “anti-Islamic” and “anti-American.”
From The Jewish Press last summer — Obama White House Held ‘Hundreds’ of Meetings with Hamas-Tied CAIR: Official:
According to the Daily Caller, aides to President Barack Obama have been holding “hundreds” of meetings behind closed-doors with representatives of the Council on American–Islamic Relations (CAIR), America’s largest Muslim advocacy organization, with close ties to Hamas and its parent organization, the Muslim Brotherhood.
George Selim, the White House new director for community partnerships, a position formed this year to ensure cooperation by law enforcement and Muslim social service agencies, was the source of the information regarding CAIR and the White House.
In response to a question by the Daily Caller whether or not his office refuses to meet with any Muslim groups, Selim said that there are “hundreds of examples of departments and agencies that meet with CAIR on a range of issues.”
Dr. George Selim used to be a policy advisor for the Office of Civil Liberties and Civil Rights in the Department of Homeland Security.
During the 2009 Holy Land Foundation (HLF) trial, Federal prosecutors proved that CAIR and its founders were part of a group set up by the Muslim Brotherhood to support Hamas. The trial ended with guilty verdicts on all charges against HLF and five of its officers. They were sentenced to between 15 and 65 years in prison, including 65 years for Ghassan Elashi, the founder of CAIR’s Dallas chapter.
Neil Munro, the Daily Caller reporter, writes that after Selim admitted to his office’s the extensive ties with CAIR, he walked away, then came back to threaten Munro that he was not allowed to record his comments.
Selim’s deputy director, Adnan Kifayat, also tried to intimidate Munro on taping the interview with Selim. “That was wrong… it is really bad form,” he said, threatening that taping his boss without permission could be a felony.